Library Access in Richmond, 1/15 to 1/30
To protect UPSem Library staff and patrons during the current Omicron surge, during which all class meetings have been moved online, the following Library service policies will apply on the Richmond campus from Saturday, January 15th until Sunday, January 30th:
- Morton Library hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday
- Physical Library access will be limited to current students, faculty, staff, and members of the following groups who agree to abide by campus protocols: alumni, carrel holders, approved visiting researchers.
- Beginning Tuesday January 18, Library users may either text or call this number to request admission to the Library building during operating hours: (804) 362-7366. This number will be distributed via email and posted on the Library’s front door, on the Library web site home page, in “UPSem Community Life – Richmond Campus” and other relevant Facebook groups.
- The Library will offer a once-a-day touchless pick-up-service M-F starting at noon for books placed on hold by 8:00 a.m. To pick up these books, Library users may text or call the number listed above.
- Zoom-based reference appointments may be scheduled through the Library’s Ask a Librarian service.
- Receipt of book donations will be temporarily suspended.
We apologize for these temporary changes and look forward to a return to our regular service schedule on January 31st, pending further developments.