Union Presbyterian Seminary Copyright Documents
The UPSem Copyright Policy and related documents are posted here for your use.
In addition to these policy resources, the Instructional Resource Center maintains a list of links to copyright-free and public domain images and music.
Official Laws and Organizationally-Approved Guidelines
Below you will find links to the actual statutes/guidelines adopted into US law. In addition to the statutes themselves, links can be found below each statute that are helpful in interpreting these laws.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (Summary)
- Brigham Young University's multi-media Copyright Tutorial
- The outstanding Crash Course in Copyright developed by the University of Texas system provides an enormous amount of helpful information for students and faculty
- North Carolina State University's Tutorial : Using Copyrighted Works
- Copyright Clearance Center's Campus Guide to Copyright Compliance for Academic Institutions
- Wikipedia's Public Domain Image Resources
- Copyright Information Center tutorials from Cornell University; includes Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States
- When US Works Pass Into the Public Domain
- Columbia University Copyright Advisory Office
- Stanford University's Copyright and Fair Use Center
Listed below are links to several copyright policies that demonstrate the range of interpretation of copyright law today.
- An excellent example of a copyright policy written in understandable English can be found at Wellesley College
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Library copyright policy
- Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary copyright policy
- Duke University Library copyright guidelines for electronic course content
- Oberlin Guide to developing a copyright policy for liberal-arts colleges