Extension Services for Alumni/ae
If you are an out-of-town alumnus/a of Union (Richmond, Charlotte, or ECP), ATS / PSCE, or BTSR, you may be eligible for extension services on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Circulation Desk at the Morton Library or Charlotte Campus Library to inquire.
Borrowing Privileges Through Extension
|Borrowing Periods||Renewals||Maximum Number of Items|
|Books: 5 weeks||1 renewal||10 books|
|Videos & DVDs: 4 weeks||No renewal on visual media items||3|
|Cassettes and compact discs: 5 weeks||1 renewal||10|
|Curricula: 5 weeks||No renewal||10|
|Kits: 5 weeks||No renewal||2|
Mailing times are included in these circulation periods.
Only the material types listed above can be mailed to extension patrons.
Visual Media Items
- $5 for first item / $1 for each additional item. (A maximum of 3 visual media items loans can be made at one time.)
- We ship our visual media items via UPS, and we request that you return them via UPS or trackable Priority Mail.
- Staff may require you to purchase additional insurance to cover the value of items being shipped.
Books and Audio Media Items
- These items are shipped UPS at no cost to you.
- However, we do accept postage donations to help us defray the cost of mailing.. Checks for postage donations should be made out to Union Presbyterian Seminary sent to Extension Services, 3401 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227.
Orders can now be placed directly through our online catalog by placing a hold on an available item. You will need to LOGIN to our catalog, using the barcode number printed on your library access card, and your PIN. If you do not have a library card or PIN, please contact Lisa Janes at 804-278-4335.
TO REQUEST BOOKS OR MEDIA ITEMS : Please use the request form provided below.
If you have questions, you can use the contact form below to reach us, or contact Mengistu Lemma at 804-278-4337. PLEASE NOTE : NO REQUESTS CAN BE ACCEPTED BY PHONE. See ordering information above.
Extension Services Contact Form