Fall 2020: Services available at Morton Library
While access to the Library building remains limited during the 2020 fall semester, we offer a week-day touchless pick-up service for physical library materials at the front door of Morton Library. To use this service :
1. Click the My Account button below the “Search Library Collections” field at https://library.upsem.edu/, or from any search results screen in the catalog, and log in using your account number and PIN.
2. Place holds on items that you would like to pick up (up to 10 items per day).
3. Holds received by 8am will be available for pickup at 12 noon, and holds received by 12 noon will be available for pickup at 3pm (weekends and holidays excluded). If you arrive after the scheduled pick-up time, please call the Library’s front desk at 804-278-4310. No pickups will be possible after 3:30 p.m.
If you would like to create a new library account, please visit our Patron Registration Page.
We will also offer appointment-based access to the Library building for UPSem students, faculty and staff . Students, faculty and staff are able to schedule appointments between 10am and 3pm weekdays (excluding holidays), via a link from this page. Two appointments will be available each hour, with a maximum of two hourly appointments per person per day. These appointments should be made for research purposes, and will allow for items to be checked out at the Library’s front desk. Masks or other face coverings will be required during the appointment, and Library staff will also be wearing masks. Please bring your own mask or face covering if at all possible.
Additionally, InterLibrary Loans may be picked up by UPSem students, faculty and staff by appointment using the service described above. For more information or to request an Interlibrary Loan, please visit our InterLibrary Loan page. For questions about an Interlibrary Loan, please email Mengistu Lemma at email@example.com.
Other Library services, including reference assistance and instruction, will continue to be delivered remotely:
- For reference assistance, please email Robin McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instruction in the use of Library research tools, please email Dora Rowe at email@example.com.
- For technical assistance, including help with login credentials, please email Ryan Douthat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help with your Library account, please email Lisa Janes at email@example.com.
- To request that the Library purchase an item, please visit our Request a Title page.
- For any other concerns, please email Christopher Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO BOOK DONATIONS : Until further notice, we are unable to accept book donations due to limited staffing.
In light of the continuing threat of COVID-19, access to the Library building will be limited to UPSem students, faculty, and staff (by appointment) for the foreseeable future, but we are glad to make circulating materials available to all Library account holders via the touchless pick-up service described above, and the staff members listed above are happy to help with any questions that you may have.
Our Charlotte campus is out of session and that Library remains closed.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to deliver library services in a safe way throughout the continuing pandemic.